I started this project not too long ago. I thought it would be a nice, simple project. It has only 26 parts and it is only a curbside. I painted the car in a light-brown, but didn’t like the looks of it. So I painted it with a dark-green paint. When I clearcoated the Mercedes, I took this car in the same run, so I can work on it and probably finish soon.

The box-art

wildcat001

All of the parts….

wildcat002
I filled the ejectormarks

wildcat003

I had to polish out some little dust-specs

wildcat004

And gave the interior a wild mintgreen interior. I wanted to add some contrast, instead of going for a boring black treatment.

wildcat005

wildcat006

The tires got a white-wall appearance with the airbrush. I think it will look good under the dark body.

wildcat007

And there was little progress, even though it is a very, very simple kit, it isn’t all that bad too build. Especially the car itself is nicely molded, it really reflects that 70’s feel to it.

I decided to go a little easier on the green and added some black, it ended up being a weird colorcombo, so I toned the green a bit down and it looks more in balance this way.

wildcat008

The body is starting to look like a car, I added some flat-black aspects to the grill and it really comes to live. I also had to add some BMF on the top of the grill, since there was no chrome.

wildcat009

The BMF placed on the car, really pops. it goes very well with the dark green

wildcat010

Time to install the windows, I had to use a little bit of force.

wildcat011

wildcat012

The whitewalls with the (I believe) Rally II wheels

wildcat013

I added some BMF and green flocks to the interior. I decided to go with a black carpetbase as a different touch to it. I am still not sure if it is the best looking combo, but it is not that bad either.

wildcat014

I also left a little gift on the back-seat, which I will reveal later. It is just a matter until the glue has set, so I can cut open the tape on top, to give it a more realistic look to it.

wildcat015

And so far the dash.

wildcat016

The progress on this build goes pretty smooth, no major problems. And it is a fun project.

When I put the glass in; it screams for improvement

wildcat017

So I made a template, used some medical tape and make a headliner with it

wildcat018

In the meantime I airbrushed the engine, or what needs to be called a engine I guess.

wildcat019

I airbrushed the headliner flat black and used white glue to glue it into place.

wildcat020

The seatbelts got some PE and gives a little bit of detail to the interior.

wildcat021

wildcat022

Because of the lack of detail, I dove into the partsbox and got a rear-view mirror and made a dome-light out of a Porsche headlight

wildcat023

wildcat024

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.