My first truck! After visiting Jabbeke, I got a little caught by the trucks and wanted to build me a truck or two. This truck has been given to me for review in the Dutch IPMS magazine.

This is how the partly assembled chassis looks like now, I will add some more parts and start some detailling before it will get it’s paintcoat.

krupp001

krupp002

The tent for the back has been glued together, I don’t think I will use it in the end, but wanted to glue something together

krupp003

Here is where I went away from the manual, it said that I had to build the cabin around the interior, but in order to get everything nicely painted, I decided to put the cabin together before the end-assembly.

krupp004

I also added the firewall

krupp005

krupp006

The cargo-thing

krupp007

And a new approach I’ve been starting to work on lately. I get all the parts of the sprues, put them in bags with different colors. Work on the parts and paint them in batches. Makes my modelling a whole lot more efficient.

krupp008

After some busy time at the racetrack, I managed to work on the Krupp again. I finally thought of a nice colorscheme and work started on the bodywork.

As with everything, I started with putting the bodywork in primer.

krupp010

krupp011

I had to alter the roof a little bit, I glued the overheadcabinets in, since that part will stick out the cabin. This way I can fill the seem and shoot it in bodycolor.

krupp014

And the first color (Ferrari’s Rubino Micalizzato) on the bodywork.

krupp015

krupp016

After I put on the second color (Aston Martin Berwick Bronse), it looks like this:

krupp017

I am content with it, it does have some sort of premium look to it.

krupp018

krupp019

After a long busy period, I managed to get some more work done on the Krupp. I actually want to finish it within the next 2 weeks. So I can finish up some other work.

I started yesterday morning with the frame, it is now red semigloss and is ready to receive more parts.

krupp020

This is the finished rear-axle.

krupp021

Front axle

krupp022

And the start on the engine, which is nicely detailed, but that will be visible later on in this update

krupp023

Some more parts added to the frame

krupp024

The front axle and radiator got placed,

krupp025

Together with the rear axle

krupp026

The engine got more dressed up as well.

krupp027

A better view

krupp028

krupp029

The other side got some more parts too.

krupp030

krupp031

krupp032

These cross-members are a pain, they are hard to line up and hard to keep up right. I wished Revell had done the engineering a little different.

krupp033

krupp034

krupp035

The interior is also nicely detailled and if you look good, that 3rd man would be seriously uncomfortable, having all those sticks between his legs.

krupp036

And the finished engine:

krupp037

krupp038

krupp039

krupp040

I managed to clearcoat the bodyparts on sunday evening, so after a night drying, today was the day to resume assembly.

The fenders do align hard, so I added the cabin to guide me and hold those fenders in the right spot while the glue is drying.

krupp041

A lot of tape was needed to keep the bumper and front lower grille to it’s place.

krupp042

Top view

krupp043

The exhaust had to be dissassembled, the fenders can’t be attached when the exhaust is already glued on.

krupp044

It starts to look like a truck

krupp045

I covered the front windowmolds in chrome and put the interior together.

krupp046

krupp047

krupp048

krupp049

This shows a little bit better on how bad the tape-mess looks to hold the parts together.

krupp050

krupp051

krupp052

I also put the headlights together, I must say that they look very nice.

krupp053

Quite convincing if you ask me.

krupp054

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.