It has taken me more than half a year and this is my first finished build in 2013! Normally, I would’ve finished about 8 by now, now just this one.
It was a project where I didn’t know for sure how it would turn out and what the final look would be, simply because it has never been done before in this way and even with the real cars, the Kubelwagen is mostly left untouched.
Not so much with this kit, I decided to modify the heck out of it. I started with cutting up the body and get it from a 4-door to a 2-door model, then I sectioned the body and shortened it. I made a new nose, so the original floorpan could be used and prevented it from making the model look goofy.
I added a very wild paintscheme, inside and out, and added a lot of different styled touches. I think that overall, the blend does come out nicely.
I haven’t gotten a proper photobooth for this size of cars yet, so I made a rough photoshoot, sorry about that.